Terms & Conditions
While using the EFX Website and/or Services, you agree that you will:
- NOT select or use as user identification (i) the name of any other person with the intent to impersonate that person or (ii) a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel user identification at our sole and absolute discretion;
- NOT embarrass, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any EFX Website user;
- NOT post, transmit or submit content which may be considered libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- NOT post, transmit, or submit stories or comments which contain any form of solicitation, business opportunity or product offer, including, without limitation, links to multi-level marketing schemes;
- NOT post, transmit or submit content which may be considered to contain homophobic statements, ethnic or racial slurs, political statements or messages of any kind, including religious intolerance;
- NOT post, transmit or submit content which violates or may violate the copyright of another;
- NOT use the Services for any illegal, immoral or unauthorized purpose, including but not limited to (i) distributing, using or make copies of, or otherwise duplicating any materials contained on the EFX Website; (ii) make the EFX Website, or any materials contained thereon, available to any unauthorized third party; (iii) sell, loan, rent, lease, re-license, sublicense, transmit, distribute, re-distribute, or timeshare the EFX Website, or create any Internet "link" to the EFX Website without prior express written authorization from EFX, or "frame" or "mirror" the materials or services contained on or accessible from the EFX Website on any other server or Internet-based device;
- NOT post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any EFX Website user;
- NOT create or submit unwanted email ("Spam") to EFX, EFX Website or any EFX Website user;
- NOT violate any local, state, federal or international laws (including, without limitation, copyright laws) which may be applicable to you and your use of the Services;
- NOT use, with the exception of accessing any so-called RSS feeds, any automated method or means (including robots, spiders and scrapers) to access all or any portion of the EFX Website for any purpose whatsoever without EFX's prior and express written permission;
- NOT (i) take any action, which, in our sole discretion, imposes or may impose, an unreasonable or disproportionate load on EFX Website's infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the EFX Website or any Services offered therein; or (iii) circumvent any security features, actions or measures designed to prevent or restrict access to the EFX Website and/or Services;
- NOT use the EFX Website or Services on behalf of, or at the request or instruction of, any other party for any purpose whatsoever;
- NOT remove, alter, amend, or otherwise tamper with any titles, trademarks, copyright, restricted rights notices, or other proprietary rights legend, or any license agreement, included or provided with the EFX Website. Links to Other Materials. It is understood that EFX is not responsible for any content or the appropriateness of any content contained on any sites which are or may be linked to the EFX Website and which are not owned or controlled by EFX. EFX reserves the right to terminate any links or linking program at any time. EFX does not endorse the companies or the products or services of any companies to which the EFX Website may be linked and reserves the right to note as such on the EFX Website. If you elect, in your sole discretion, to access any third party sites linked to the EFX Website, you do so at your own risk.
Intellectual Property Rights Infringement. EFX will promptly respond to all claims alleging its intellectual property rights infringement, investigate all such alleged infringements and take all reasonable, necessary and appropriate actions to protect and defend its intellectual property rights and/or comply with applicable intellectual property laws, including, without limitation the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws. EFX may, at its discretion, remove all or a portion of the Services or disable links to the Services which may be the subject of alleged intellectual property rights infringement. Further, EFX may terminate access to any user who posts, transmits or submits any content which infringes any intellectual property rights or violates any applicable intellectual property laws. Notifying EFX of Intellectual Property Rights Infringement: To notify EFX of alleged intellectual property rights infringement, send an email to XXXXXX@efxusa.com or a letter to our corporate offices, which contains the following (in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act):
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the EFX Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on that particular EFX Website;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit EFX to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that you may be liable for damages (including, without limitation, costs and attorneys' fees) if you misrepresent that an activity is infringing your intellectual property rights.